WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: I can not get my icon into wbar  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Friedl

I can not get my icon into wbar
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
Hi,

I've problems to get the icon for my extension (vice.tce) into the wbar, neither appears the application in the menu. The vice.png image itself seems to be ok - it appears nicely instead of for example the opera image if I rename it to opera.png.

I think I've done everything according to the wiki. Does anyone know what is wrong? Do I need any additional step to activate this besides of placing the files into /usr/local/tce.icons/ and /usr/local/tce.menu ?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:45:48 PM by Friedl »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: I can not get my icon into wbar
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Those files seem to be ok. Just to check, they are inside your modified vice.tce and the extension is named exactly vice.tce?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Friedl

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Hi,

No, I had them outside of the vice.tce. Now with the icon and menu file inside, things are different: at least the "C64 Emulator" entry properly appears in the menu :)

But wbar aborts  :( Starting it manually results in this error message:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ wbar -bpress -config /usr/local/tce.wbar        
Using /usr/local/tce.wbar config file.
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Using a Super Bar.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*'
Aborted
Looks like an unhandled exception?!

The weird thing is that it keeps aborting even after I delete the two tce.icons/vice* files, no matter whether I try to start it with the command above or with "Exit/Restart->Restart Wbar".
I can only get it running with the command "wbar" without options - but then without any of the additional icons beside the three default ones.

Is it possible to enable logging for wbar?

If someone wants to try it out: here is the modified vice.tce: [^thehatsrule^: removed as per guidelines]
(the dependencies are alsa.tcel, alsa-oss.tcel and graphics-libs-1.tcel)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:03:31 AM by ^thehatsrule^ »

Offline Friedl

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »
Sorry - I found out that there were trailing whitespaces in the tce.icons/vice file. I've seen that this is not accepted and had removed them before but they had already been copied into the tce.wbar and I did not know that file up to today. Now it works fine and I've resubmitted the vice extension.

Still I wonder how the errorhandling could be improved. Where does this wbar come from? Whom could I ask to add some exception handling (or maybe even skipping of trailing whitespaces)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:33 AM »
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.