Tiny Core Base > CorePlus

md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksums did NOT match

<< < (3/3)

Rich:
Hi Pats

--- Quote from: Pats on July 27, 2018, 08:51:24 PM --- ... do you think that md5 mis-match may be real culprit in the OPs problem ? .... Just curious , if md5 checksum is that reliable . ...
--- End quote ---
Well yes, the mis-match is the source original problem. I feel for confirming that extensions are downloaded correctly it
is reliable enough. If the downloaded extension gets corrupted, it will get flagged. if the downloaded  md5  file gets
corrupted, it will get flagged. If only one of the two files gets updated in the repo, as was the case here, it will get flagged.

Pats:
Thanks Rich !
I was curious abt md5 because in prvs post , you had advised OP :

--- Quote --- ... That's correct, though you can use it without the  md5  file   in the meantime ...
--- End quote ---

Rich:
Hi Pats
The  md5  file is not required for the extension to run. The  md5  file is however also used to check whether an extension
in the repo has been updated.

Juanito:

--- Quote from: Rich on July 27, 2018, 08:51:49 PM ---By any chance are you checking the 64 bit versions? The 64 bit file is fine, it's just the 32 bit file.

--- End quote ---

md5sum for xf86-input-vmmouse in the x86 repo regenerated.

malagasy:

--- Quote from: Juanito on July 28, 2018, 12:32:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rich on July 27, 2018, 08:51:49 PM ---By any chance are you checking the 64 bit versions? The 64 bit file is fine, it's just the 32 bit file.

--- End quote ---

md5sum for xf86-input-vmmouse in the x86 repo regenerated.

--- End quote ---

Cheers, everything is all good now.

--- Quote from: andyj on July 27, 2018, 08:26:12 PM ---Might be a mirror issue? I rsync'd the repository against distro.ibiblio.org and all the xf86-input-vmmouse* files are dated May 30th. Maybe try:

--- Code: ---md5sum xf86-input-vmmouse.tcz > xf86-input-vmmouse.tcz.md5.txt
touch -r xf86-input-vmmouse.tcz xf86-input-vmmouse.tcz.md5.txt

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
This one works a well.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version