Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

Wine missing in terminal

(1/2) > >>

adam_CORE:
Hi, I installed wine which gives an icon that when clicked functions to download a few
perhaps optional html/.net files :D, and the .wine directory folder is created in mydata,
but if I type $~wine "///c_drive/....exe"in the terminal it returns 'wine not found'.
I read the one similar forum post where this was due to improper install, needing '-c'
for example: 'tce-load -i -c wine.tcz startx' to add it to the copy2flz.lst file,
which it created but wine wasn't written, just a few other tcz.
Perhaps do I need to download the html/.net files? To be honest I have the wifi files and tested a few times but havn't gotten around to properly setting up an internet connection within tc.
Thanks for any advice!

adam_CORE:
I believe I may have made a mistake posting in the 'tinycore64 extensions' section,
rather than the 'tinycore64'  section :D

To further detail, if I load after startx in the full gui desktop terminal,
it states: wine.tcz already loaded, with simultanious 'not found' with terminal:  '~$wine',
and above I used a shorthand from memory 'forum example' abbreviated path to the .wine  program files .exe directory, whereas in actual use I used the correct full /home/tc/.wine/etc path.

Juanito:
Are you using wine from Core or CorePure64?

If CorePure64, you need to type "wine64" rather than "wine" - notepad, regedit and wineconsole all run for me, but I cannot enter text...

adam_CORE:
Thanks again juanito, I'm using 64 so I'll try it.
In retrospect during my searches I remember a  post about trouble adding text into wine run progs which I don't think was solved :D

adam_CORE:
Since this topic only fell 8 places after so many months perhaps its better to continue rather than having another wine topic?
I just had the chance to get wine and a few other progs re-running after I glitched the live USB home.tgz from tampering with the .wine directory. I can use the wines included notepad and regedit and .cmd, but I can't get any new exe's to run. With windows cmd I can xcopy files and other commands such as DIR, HELP etc work, but START from the emulated cmd "cannot find the file". From running with winefile or console I think it said internal error. I noticed that the notepad and other files that successfully ran were in a folder so I used the windows CMD to xcopy move into c:windows/system32, which removed the file not found, but nothing happens, it just returns new tc-$ line. Do you have any quick tips about running new wine .exe's? Thanks! Also in the newer wine64 I can write within notepad automatically without needing to modify the setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version