Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

openal failed and html> missing

(1/3) > >>

adam_CORE:
Hi I'm new to usb dual live boot,  (A few days ago i improperly uninstalled my discontinued xfinity Norton antivirus and now my windows computer is running at about 20% speed)

Buiding Gimp app hangs at "html> missing" and blender stops at "openal failed", i have an 8 gig sd card so i'm not sure if its the available memory problem? I'm using the newest V9 tiny core 64. Thanks!

>edit I just realized html might mean the .md5?

Also as an aside, I'm interested in compiling, and am curious about the possibility to do this through usb. I've built things before with cmake but the partition aspect is frightening to me. I fear to even accidentally look/step into any of the drives as i move about in the sdb1 "territory", which may be of no concern at all. :D I'm soon to be investigating copying moving my files about so I can delete windows, as in that "Norton Virus simulation" environment transferring through usb is mind-staggeringly slow.

Juanito:

--- Quote from: adam_CORE on March 22, 2018, 10:46:12 PM ---I'm interested in compiling, and am curious about the possibility to do this through usb.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean compiling on a usb hd/usb stick or something else?

Note that, using CorePure64, as long as you have enough ram, almost everything will compile in ram.

adam_CORE:
Thanks Jaunito, I missed the xorg which I think for the blender openal :D
I mean using compiing tools while in a live usb environment,
the chances of output accidentally being served to wipe out C:drive? :D
I have one free drive partition, but it still has 18 gig of stuff locked in it
that I'm going to have to shuffle out of it before I can start installing.
Plus the challenge is fun I was interested in usb os for a while,
 but didnt experiment out of fear.

Juanito:
By default "make install" copies files into the root filesystem, which is in ram in tinycore.

In addition, if you boot tinycore from a usb hd/usb stick, none of the main hd partitions will be mounted, so "make install" would be unable to access them.

Juanito:
btw, there's already a blender extension (compiled against openal) in the CorePure64 repo...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version