WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wireless tools can't find libraries in /usr/local/lib  (Read 1392 times)

Offline MrPorcine

wireless tools can't find libraries in /usr/local/lib
« on: December 03, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »
I've done a clean install of 9.0.3, then installed the wireless tools. Wired network access works right out of the box. Right away before any specific configuration iwconfig can't find the libraries it needs in /usr/local/lib. I can fix this by adding LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:"/usr/local/lib" to /etc/profile. Now iwconfig works OK, although no wlan0 yet. Next when I try to use wpa_supplicant or wpa_passphrase they can't find the libraries in /usr/local/lib either,  even though LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set (correctly?). If I put simlinks in /lib pointing to the necessary libraries everything works and I have wireless access :-).

So it seems that there must be some mechanism to let executables find and use the libraries in /usr/local/lib that is broken. Has anyone else had this difficulty? My hardware is a new 3b with nothing attached other than a HDMI display and a USB wireless keyboard and mouse (Logitech).

Offline Misalf

Re: wireless tools can't find libraries in /usr/local/lib
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
Can you fix it by running
Code: [Select]
sudo ldconfig
?
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: wireless tools can't find libraries in /usr/local/lib
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
Have you accidentally overwritten /etc/ld.so.conf?