Tiny Core Base > Raspberry Pi

Working with RasPi-0W and gadgets

(1/5) > >>

kmhill:
Hello folks;

I'm making progress in getting USB gadgets working with the RasPi-0W  that I have. Prior discussion in the forum was a help to get me started, thanks folks. To start, it's necessary to have some modules installed. The following outlines my process that led to a .tcz file. Perhaps the .tcz could be added to the repo?

I downloaded the module file 4.9.22-piCore_modules.tar.xz from the following URL:
http://tinycorelinux.net/9.x/armv6/releases/RPi/src/kernel/

I used 7zip on Windows to uncompress the .xz file to a directory which contained the resulting  .tar file. I then moved the resulting .tar file to my RasPi-0W in a new directory /mnt/mmcblk0p2/local and untarred it there.

> tar -xf 4.9.22-piCore_modules.tar

The needed modules are the directories dwc2 and gadget. I use the find command. The gadget directory is in the same directory as dwc2

> find . -name dwc2

I followed the outline in the "Into the Core" book, chapter 14, to assemble dwc2 and gadget into a .tcz file that I gave the following name:
modules-dwc2-gadget-4.9.22-piCore.tcz.

With the .tcz file made, I used the following to verify that dwc2 and gadget load to where they belong.

> tce-load -i ./modules-dwc2-gadget-4.9.22-piCore

This is a good opportunity to update the module list and make it persistent

> sudo depmod
> filetool.sh -b

kmhill:
Next, as described elsewhere, copy the .tcz file to /mnt/mmblk02/tce/optional and insert into the end of the onboot.lst file the name of the .tcz file. I next rebooted to make sure that dwc2 and gadget are loaded where they belong.

Rich:
Hi kmhill

--- Quote from: kmhill on November 11, 2017, 12:15:53 PM ---The following outlines my process that led to a .tcz file. Perhaps the .tcz could be added to the repo?
--- End quote ---
Extensions are always welcome. This Wiki contains guidelines for extension submission:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions

kmhill:
There's some preparation to do before inserting code into config.txt, to activate dwc2. The following note points that out.
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,20195.msg126432.html#msg126432

It's my plan to load g_multi which will mount a directory from the RasPi-0W to the host machine and also tunnel a serial COM port as well as IP through the USB cable. Regarding what to mount, the same message, above, outlines of how to make and format an image file to use. Elsewhere I've seen a partition on the SD card used. I don't know what I like better.

I'd want a file system that gets mounted to be  shared, so it's immediately accessible from both the RasPi-0W and the host machine, but I noticed some delay. I was experimenting with the image file approach and found that edits were not immediately visible on the other side. Perhaps an option can be used to remove such delay.

Also, does anyone know, for Windows to access the system on the RasPi-0W, is a Linux file system a non-choice? I'm guessing not, but I'm curious.

Thanks Rich for the reference.

Juanito:
There's a linux file system driver available for windows - ext2fsd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version