dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions > dCore x86 Imported Extensions

Illegal Instruction crash multiple software old hardware

<< < (2/2)

marinux:
Many, many thanks to Nitram.
As I use PIII and Athlon, I was desesperated to find a kiss solution (since some years !) for non SSE2 procs. Recompilation of webkit, use of netsurf (nice but too much sid for using every day) and QTweb (very good but abandonned), your workaround is excellent and I will integrate it as wrapper in futures releases of Xinutop.
Thanks again
Frank

JustinCB:
firefox_ESR.tcz works on non-SSE2 processors, but firefox.tcz made by firefox_getLatest.tcz does not.  I like to use CFLAGS="-march=i386 -mtune=i386 -Os -pipe" and CXXFLAGS="-march=i386 -mtune=i386 -Os -pipe" when compiling for extensions.  It might be "-mtune=i686"(from the recommended CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS) that causes the crashes, but I don't think it is(but I don't know much about the internals of gcc). 

curaga:
getLatest does not compile anything, so your flags don't matter. It just downloads Mozilla's binary.

Rich:
Hi JustinCB

--- Quote from: JustinCB on June 06, 2017, 10:05:42 AM ---It might be "-mtune=i686"(from the recommended CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS) that causes the crashes, but I don't think it is(but I don't know much about the internals of gcc).
--- End quote ---

The  -mtune=i686  reorders instructions to take advantage of the internal architecture of the  i686  but does not generate
i686  specific instructions.

coreplayer2:

--- Quote from: JustinCB on June 06, 2017, 10:05:42 AM ---firefox_ESR.tcz works on non-SSE2 processors,

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure if this is still true since the latest ESR update??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version