WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: grub2 - liblzma.so.5 missing  (Read 10231 times)

Offline bernhard

• Wiki Author
grub2 - liblzma.so.5 missing
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:34:02 AM »
when I try to run grub-install I get an "error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory".

Thread http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=7765.0 provides a viable solution, installing xz.tce (on demand) and re-running grub-installworks.

I guess xz.tce should be added to the dependcies ...

Bernhard

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: grub2 - liblzma.so.5 missing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:15:27 AM »
Thanks, xz had snuck in as a dep.  I have added it to the .dep file, hopefully all is good now.

Offline karter.god

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:36:55 AM »
I had this problem on my LAMP server. I was making *yum update* as normaly. The update process was not ended sucssesfully because  xz-libs-5.1.2-12alpha.el7 RPM was doing conflict with the new one xz-libs-5.2.2-1.el7 RPM. So i decided to remove xz-libs-5.1.2-12alpha.el7.x86_64.rpm and than redo the updates.

$: rpm -e xz-libs-5.1.2-12alpha.el7.x86_64.rpm --nodeps

After removing that my LAMP server did not respond to any command at all. The message i get, was:

$:Error: liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The solution i did, was downloading the package on my computer, attaching the CentOS 7.2 DVD to the server, putting the RPM package to a USB and booting the server in rescue mode from the DVD and than   mounting the USB.
Than copying the rpm to a folder inside the LAMP and extracting the RPM package files without installing it. The two files obtained “ liblzma.so.5 and liblzma.so.5.0.99”  copying to the exact path they were befere. Than rebooting the LAMP server and was up and running like before.

$: mkdir /mnt/usb
$: lsblk        (to see with dev partition is the usb)
$: mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb
$: mkdir /tmp/xz-libs
$: cp /mnt/usb/ xz-libs-5.1.2-12alpha.el7.x86_64.rpm /tmp/xz-libs
$: cd /temp/xz-libs
$: rpm2cpio xz-libs-5.1.2-12alpha.el7.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv
$: cd /usr/lib64/
$: cp liblzma.so.* /mnt/sysimage/usr/lib64/
$: reboot

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
This last post does not appear to have anything to do with tinycorelinux?