WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Couple Packages For My RPi2 Project  (Read 1716 times)

Offline mulletman87

Couple Packages For My RPi2 Project
« on: February 17, 2016, 12:02:18 AM »
Hi all,

I have been up reading and learning about tiny core for at least 10 hours now, love what I see.

I feel that this would be much better than OpenWRT (what I am using now on my RPi2) due to not suffering from SD card corruption. The very thought of having a couple hundred of my projects in the wild and having masses of sdcard failures due to power cuts, etc for my clients is terrifying.

Anyways, I see that tinycore has its own REPO for the RPi2 (http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/armv6/tcz/) but I don't see a couple critical packages (namely Squid3 (with sslbump) + Dansguardian + php5). I presume that I can build these from scratch after loading doing a "tce-load -iw compile-essentials.tcz" and following a regular guide on making them (still fairly new to this, learning fast though).

I notice that there are people building and adding packages to the REPO, any chance that these could be added?

I want to run a content filter (among a few other things), I presume that there won't be any issues with that?

Lastly, I use iptables extensively as well as subinterfaces (each with different IPs, I route traffic between them (internally), which is needed to accomplish my goals. I don't see why picore won't have iptables loaded but just wanted to check, they are there right?

I don't need anyone to hold my hand with this, just like I said, fairly new to this and learning as I go.

Thanks!

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Couple Packages For My RPi2 Project
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:55:43 AM »
Hi

you are referring version 4.x while current version is 7.0 :(

For sure there are missing packages. Feel free to make them. User contribution to repo is welcome :) !

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline mulletman87

Re: Couple Packages For My RPi2 Project
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:06:13 AM »
Hi

you are referring version 4.x while current version is 7.0 :(

Whops, my bad hehe, i see that "http://tinycorelinux.net/7.x/armv6/tcz/" works as well but doesn't have the stuff i need anyways.

I will attempt to build them myself then (as well as their dependencies).