WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Nvidia drivers now installed on conpure64 v7  (Read 1816 times)

Offline coreplayer2

Nvidia drivers now installed on conpure64 v7
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »
Finally!!  Using corepure64 version 7b3 on kernel-4.2.9 am able to build the latest Nvidia graphics drivers v352.63 and have GLX, OpenGL and VDPAU features install correctly (having said that, have yet to find a means of testing CUDA and OpenCL).

While I'm stoked about the results, these drivers refused to build without a /lib64 -> /lib symlink.   
Maybe I need to investigate the configure options again, but nothing stood out when I last investigated the requirement.

these drivers support Graphics cards GeForce 400 Series and newer according to
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95159/en-us

For GLX and other components to install correctly in tc-7.x (x86 & x86_64) I needed /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.352.63 loaded, why Nvidia installer consistently attempts to load the wrong version (/usr/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.352.63) is beyond me and is the cause of great frustration (and dark blank screens on boot up).

Like it's x86 counterpart the complete x86_64 package is quite large despite this package is less the 32bit compat lib's.  So will split out the CUDA and OpenCL libraries into a separate extension. 
Would be great if there was a mechanism in tc to unpack Shared Object Libraries as they are loaded, because gzip reduces these Nvidia lib's by almost 50%

gtk3 versin of nvidia-setting GUI functions well in corepure64, thanks juanito 8)

Still need to package earlier drivers supporting older graphics cards, but as of yet they were not co-operating..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:51:39 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: Nvidia drivers now installed on conpure64 v7
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:11 PM »
I'm on a role...

10 year old notebook with TC-7 corepure64 installed with Nvidia v340.96 4.2.9-tinycore64 drivers

running perfectly

I don't know why they provide Cuda software with this driver because video cards of this era will struggle as it is with this torturous benchmark.

will submit these along with their 32bit versions asap