WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: File systems supported in PiCore?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
File systems supported in PiCore?
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:49:59 AM »
Béla,

I am investigating a theoretical approach to a "redundant" RAID5/6+BTrfs (for data retention on USB and SD/uSD cards) but I figure it's best to inquire as to what file systems are supported under TC-Pi?  ZFS/BTrfs are the leading possibilities I've looked into thus far, but please, if you have a better idea or opinions it would be greatly appreciated!

The concept here is to try and avoid data corruption when dealing with TF based drives (CRC implementation?) for if/when a block goes bad.
My thoughts were to take a card (such as a 32, 64 or 128GB drive), split it into 6 partitions (in addition to the boot/root partitions), RAID the 6 partitions and then format the ending /dev/md0p1 using an error correcting file system such as those above.  We'd lose ~25% of total capacity doing so (RAID5/6), but if/when blocks go bad, hopefully the CRC side of things will help prevent data loss itself.

• What file systems are currently in Pi6+ (modules assumed) which have error correction?
  • Is MDadm compiled into the repo (it wasn't last time I looked, but that's been a while)

Thanks for your time and efforts!

~TJ~
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: File systems supported in PiCore?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:15 AM »
Hi centralware
Support for other file systems is provided by the  filesytems  extension:
http://tinycorelinux.net/6.x/armv6/tcz/filesystems-3.18.9-piCore+.tcz.list

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: File systems supported in PiCore?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:05:16 AM »
By default piCore supports ext2/ext3/ext4 and vfat file systems, these are available during boot. For other Linux file systems install the filesystems-KERNEL.tcz module which supports several journaling file systems. mdadm.tcz is available in 7.x repo, kindly advice to migrate to 7.0
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."