Tiny Core Base > Alpha Releases

Tiny Core 7.0 Alpha 1 Testing

<< < (2/3) > >>

Misalf:
I have seen the same on 6.x but I replaced vi with nano so I wasn't too sure if I should report it as a bug.

--

Aterm still can't display umlauts. No idea if it's a shell thing or an Aterm thing.

curaga:
aterm is not utf8 capable. Are you on a iso-8859-whatever locale, and with that locale's fonts loaded?

Misalf:
The  fixed  font does contain äöü characters by iso8859-1. However, using terminus font or any other doesn't change that.
In tc-4.x aterm was able to display typed in umlauts without configuration (except bootcode  kmap=qwertz/de-latin1).

Without bootcode  lang=  aterm currently displays a question mark for each umlaut typed in.
When using bash umlauts work.

With bootcode  lang=de_DE.utf8  aterm currently displays two strange characters where only one can be deleted by backspace. Interestingly, when pasting this gibberish from aterm to firefox it becomes öäü correctly.
Same unreadable characters when using bash.

So I might guess it's something related to busybox shell, urxvt displays umlauts correctly in all combinations mentioned above, though. Maybe related to terminfo?

coreplayer2:
Great job with TC7A1 thanks

No issues after several days running TC7-x86 with my favorite extensions, using it full time now!

Also no issues starting up TC6-x86_64 (corepure64) with Xfbdev either.  While Xfbdev works, it's not the most fluid in appearance when dragging windows across the desktop (hmmm sounds familiar..)

However I had a couple issues with Xorg-7.7 from TC7 repo
1. Xorg-7.7.tcz loading in corepure64 (TC7A1)  fails to start.  It was built with a dependency on libxshmfence.so but libxshmfence.tcz was not listed as a dep anywhere after installing Xorg-7.7, therefore Xorg refused to start.   AFAIK libxshmfence.tcz is a dep of libGL.tcz which is loaded with Xorg-7.73d, yet it is required by Xorg-7.7 

2. Unless a desktop background photo is used or the bdesktop is refreshed somehow (I used Ctrl+Alt+1 then Ctrl+Alt+2) there are some weird artifacts surrounding the Wbar icons.  More investigation is needed..

Merry Xmas

coreplayer2:
Re the libxshmfence dep issue.

The original dep files came from "TinyCorePure64-7.0alpha1.iso".  Despite downloading Xorg-7.7.tcz from the repo the dep was still MIA.  However, after updating dep files from the repo this issue is resolved thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version