Tiny Core Extensions > Extension requests

open-vm-tools (shared folder VMWare)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Rich:
Hi limeblack

--- Quote ---Is there a mirror that shows up faster or something?
--- End quote ---
No. Extensions show up in the repository first. Then the next time a mirror syncs, it is available there too.

andyj:
Since I only use it for VM's on a Slackware64 host and the binary ATI video driver, I'd like to know if it works or not in other situations. I'm pretty sure it won't work with copy2fs because the links are required for suid tools to work (see the source).

krooooo:

--- Quote from: andyj on November 20, 2015, 09:02:46 AM ---Since I only use it for VM's on a Slackware64 host and the binary ATI video driver, I'd like to know if it works or not in other situations. I'm pretty sure it won't work with copy2fs because the links are required for suid tools to work (see the source).

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot!!

My host system is linux mint x64, open-vm-tools works well,  copy / paste and drag / drop can't use but shared folders is OK, that's enough, and the mouse moved smooth between host and guest, no need ctrl+alt

Thanks again!

andyj:
Does window resize work? What issue are you having with copy/paste? What I have noticed that there are separate "clipboards" for mouse highlight / right click, cntl-c/v, and menu copy/paste. They don't always work together. Sometimes drag and drop works but not consistantly. I think I read somewhere there is a size restriction.

krooooo:

--- Quote from: andyj on November 21, 2015, 06:03:26 PM ---Does window resize work? What issue are you having with copy/paste? What I have noticed that there are separate "clipboards" for mouse highlight / right click, cntl-c/v, and menu copy/paste. They don't always work together. Sometimes drag and drop works but not consistantly. I think I read somewhere there is a size restriction.

--- End quote ---

window resize not work. Host clipboard is just host's, Guest clipboard is just guest's, they do not share clipboard. If I want copy some words to another, I made a txt file in shared folder...

Maybe it is caused of X-org & X-mesa?? The default tiny X is X-mesa but open-vm-tools need X-org??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version