Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

German keyboard - Euro sign

(1/3) > >>

Alatun:
I'm trying to modify the keybindings to get all keys on a german keyboard to produce the character that is printed on the key.

Currently I found out that this is necessary:

--- Code: ---xmodmap -e "clear mod4"
xmodmap -e "add mod5 = Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 20 = ssharp question backslash"
xmodmap -e "keycode 11 = 2 quotedbl twosuperior "   
xmodmap -e "keycode 12 = 3 section threesuperior "   
xmodmap -e "keycode 26 = e E EuroSign "   

--- End code ---

So far everything works, but the EuroSign doesn't. "€" should appear when pressing: ALT-GR + E, but a question mark appears instead (in the editor being started by the pencil).
I modified the command
--- Code: --- xmodmap -e "keycode 26 = e E dollar"
--- End code ---
. Now I'm getting a dollar sign when pressing ALT-GR + E, so I think it is the correct keycode.

But something else must be wrong. I'm using Tinycore 6.4 + Xvesa b.t.w.

Any ideas? Bug in Xvesa? Is a font missing the glyphs for the EuroSign?

Misalf:
I couldn't get the €-sign to work in editor either. Works in Apps GUI though. O.o

I believe ATerm doesn't support UTF-8 so it can't display €.
For me it works in URXVT if using bash. Not so with ash, which I think is busybox ash?
And it works in GTK apps such as Firefox. (;

Also I'm using Xorg and this keyboard config
/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf

--- Code: ---Section "InputClass"
Identifier       "Keyboard Defaults"
MatchIsKeyboard  "yes"
Option           "XkbLayout"   "de"
Option           "XkbOptions"  "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

--- End code ---

Misalf:
And did you try booting with boot code  kmap=qwertz/de-latin1  plus  kmaps.tcz  loaded OnBoot?

Misalf:
Also, just tested, "EuroSign" doesn't seem to be a legit key (no input in usually €-capable apps mentioned above), but "Euro" does:

--- Code: ---xmodmap -e "keycode 26 = e E Euro"

--- End code ---

curaga:

--- Quote from: Alatun on September 29, 2015, 08:29:59 AM ---So far everything works, but the EuroSign doesn't. "€" should appear when pressing: ALT-GR + E, but a question mark appears instead (in the editor being started by the pencil).
Is a font missing the glyphs for the EuroSign?

--- End quote ---

That is correct. The default bitmap fonts included, which FLTK uses and so the default editor, only include a basic ASCII set. Apps using truetype fonts, with at least one such font installed, should show it properly.

If you need the FLTK apps to show it, you can rebuild FLTK with xft support and replace the default fltk-1.3.tcz with your version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version