WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: GUI not present in 6.1 coreplus and tinycore .ISO images.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline winzent

GUI not present in 6.1 coreplus and tinycore .ISO images.
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:35:25 AM »
Hi,

I have downloaded all 6.1 .ISO-files. The 15MB and 76MB .ISO didn't have GUI as expected and previous .ISO releases have. They come up with text console prompt. The command tinycore xsetup does not work and startx is not found. So it's stuck in text mode.

As I understand it the coreplus and tiny core .ISO files should have GUI interface!?

Best regards,

Berth-Olof Bergman
Winzent Tecnologies

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: GUI not present in 6.1 coreplus and tinycore .ISO images.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
If you burnt the iso to a usb cd/dvd, it's possible that the boot is too quick to load the extensions from the cd/dvd - did you try with the menu selection for slow devices?

Offline winzent

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:31:50 AM »
Hi, when I investigated it further I found out that the unetbootin application didn't use the isolinux.cfg in the boot folder. It created it's own syslinux.cfg file in the root of the device. When I copied the isolinux.cfg file to syslinux.cfg in the root, everything worked! So this is a unetbootin bug! I have now run both coreplus and tinycore from USB thumbdrive successfully.

Thanks,

B-O

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:33:54 AM »
Core is not compatible with unetbootin.  If you want to copy the ISO to a USB flash drive you need to dd it to the raw drive.
Then you can boot it and use it to do a normal install to another flash drive or to a hard drive.