WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: DHCP server  (Read 3630 times)

Offline gpulido

DHCP server
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
Hello,
I'm trying to update the post:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,16181.msg95878.html#msg95878

to be used on the version 6.x
My first problem is that I can't find the dhcp.tzc package anymore.
Is it still available?

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: DHCP server
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »
I will add it to the repo.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline gpulido

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
Hello,

I have made some test using the udhcpd already included, and it seems that it can be used instead of the dhcp.
At least the raspi has been able to provide addresses to nexus 5 and an sgs, so it seems that the dhcp part worked.
However for any strange reason, the nexus 5 (with lollipop) couldn't ssh to the piCore, it doesn't found the address. However the old sgs could.
I guess it is something on the udhcpd / hostapd configuration, but I don't know what is wrong...

Gabriel

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:57:46 PM »
dhcp.tcz added to repo
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline gpulido

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 12:25:15 AM »
Great, I will test with it and udhcpd.

Thank you

Offline gpulido

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
Hello again,
I have been able to configure the access point and the dhcp using the new package.
However there is something that is driving me crazy:
If I connect to the " new wifi" created with a Mac, or a Pc, or an old Samsung Galaxy S mobile, the conection is made, the raspi dhcp is giving an address and I can ssh to the raspi from those devices through the raspi ip that is set as a "access point / router"
However if I try to do the same with a NExus 5 with lollipop, although the nexus says "connection stablished" with an exclamation mark, when I try to ssh to the raspi using a nexus 5 ssh client like Juicessh (totally reliable), it claims that the host is not reachable!!. When I log the dhcp, it says that the device is connected!

Has anyone any idea what could be happening here? I'm desperate :(

Offline gpulido

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »
Hello again,
It seems that the nexus with lollipop have problems with some DHCP. If I fix the ip I can reach without problems the router!

This is nuts

Offline patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »
This is a easy guide to make a wifi ap.

https://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-as-a-wifi-access-point.pdf

Maybe you have followed this ??

Offline gpulido

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:44 PM »
This is a easy guide to make a wifi ap.

https://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-as-a-wifi-access-point.pdf

Maybe you have followed this ??

I already had used it for a previous post on the past:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,16181.msg95878.html#msg95878

However there are some things that must be adapted:
1) If your dongle is based on the 8188CUS, the hostapd to be used is the one from realtek recompiled, to avoid the recompilation, I used directly the adafruit version that seems to work.
2)Every time the tce is reloaded, it generates a new wifi network (as expected) and for any strange reason the nexus 5 even if it seems to connect to the new network, it is not capable of asking for a new IP, so EVERY time that I resets tce (hence a new network is created) I have to erase the network from the nexus 5 and connect again (giving the password again)
3) I'm trying to run a python program on the new network that comunicates through UDP packets on the broadcast port. If the program is connected on a pc with a IP from the new network (the one generates by the hostapd), the program is not capable of  receiving on the "<broadcast>" on python.
4) I'm using the hostapd aproach on a raspi model A, and I'm not sure that it would be capable of handle all the traffic from the broadcast from my python software (it needs to send ten packages / second)