WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Max loops in TC4?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Max loops in TC4?
« on: February 10, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
I remember there being a boot-code in older releases (2.x or so?) but I just came across a road-block.
While attempting to manually mount a TCZ, I got an error claiming it could not create an additional loop.
I checked with df as the last successful one was loop168.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Max loops in TC4?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »
Maybe you could delete the extension in question, download it again and try - sometimes this happens with corrupted extensions.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:41:38 AM »
@juanito: I was launching a remaster script with about 10-15 extensions it embeds into ramfs; all of the extensions being implemented have been done previously (meaning, same TCZ file being mounted.)  What I ended up having to do is "factory formatting" (so to speak) back to scratch, my start-up scripts reinstalled the basic extensions and the custom extensions/core I was trying to build were restarted again (them, installing their own dependencies) so I'm down to about 110 since "everything" didn't get rebuilt, but if/when it happens again I'll try to keep track and see if there's anything in common.

Thanks for your time and feedback!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »
Make sure you are using the busybox  mount.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:14:50 PM »
which mount
/bin/mount
readlink /bin/mount
busybox

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »
Yes, that one  :)