Tiny Core Base > Release Candidate Testing

Core v6.1rc1

<< < (2/5) > >>

nitram:
Thanks curaga.

Feel free to demote me from Jr. Member back to Newbie :)

Now i know how to complete a full upgrade. The new Apps is great, including Apps dropdown sizing, Apps window sizing, search feature, empty search to reset extension list, etc. Thanks for your hard work.

nitram:
Quick observations.

1. On my system, SystemTools > SetTime doesn't do anything and autocomplete via terminal doesn't seem to have any SetTime command. Is this the same as Date/Time in the ControlPanel? If so, the ControlPanel version appears to work but not from the SystemTools > SetTime drop down menu.

2. Most of Tiny Core's system tools and default applications can be closed with the esc key, including: Apps, ControlPanel, Editor, Exit, RunProgram, MountTool and Services. The only ones that don't are Aterm and Top, which probably runs in an Aterm. Is it possible to incorporate a consistent built-in esc key exit for Aterm and Top so all default applications behave consistently? I know q (quit) works for Top, but again not consistent with esc. Not a biggie but might be a nice enhancement.

nitram:
Continued from previous post:

3. Apps > Maintenance > OnDemand Maintenance issue. When an extension is added or removed from the OnDemand list via Add Item and Delete Item the screen flickers and in JWM the last application minimized, example Firefox, will then also return to the screen background behind Apps. This flickering and unminimizing behaviour is not evident when using Apps > Maintenance > OnBoot Maintenance to add or delete extensions.

Rich:
Hi nitram

--- Quote ---1. On my system, SystemTools > SetTime doesn't do anything and autocomplete via terminal doesn't seem to have any SetTime command. Is this the same as Date/Time in the ControlPanel? If so, the ControlPanel version appears to work but not from the SystemTools > SetTime drop down menu.
--- End quote ---
If you look in:

--- Code: ---/home/tc/.wmx/SystemTools/SetTime
--- End code ---
you'll see it runs getTime.sh which sets the time to UTC. Port 13 on your firewall has to be open for this to work.

nitram:
Hi Rich.

Thanks for the info. One of the first things i always set up is a firewall, in this case iptables. So i removed iptables running from startup. Rebooted and confirmed via terminal iptables -vL that it wasn't running (policy accept for input, forward and output). My system's internet is working great.

Selecting SystemTools > SetTime gives me nothing. No error or popup, nothing. Running getTime.sh via terminal indicates ntpd must be root. Running getTime.sh in terminal as root returns nothing, just back to command prompt.

/usr/bin/getTime is owned by root and is executable:

--- Code: ---#!/bin/busybox ash
# bmarkus - 26/02/2014

NTPSERVER=$(cat /etc/sysconfig/ntpserver)
/usr/sbin/ntpd -q -p $NTPSERVER
--- End code ---
Anything else to try?

Edit: Forgot to note, my system does not have a /home/tc/.wmx/SystemTools/SetTime file or .wmx folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version