WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: request: marked for deletion  (Read 2247 times)

Offline jls

request: marked for deletion
« on: February 12, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
Hi
like it happens in core
thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: request: marked for deletion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
Ok, I will make a simple "remove sce" utility that deletes the sce and any that depend on it upon reboot or shutdown. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 04:59:36 PM »
The code is in place, I will test it and then upload to release candidates when ready.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
sce-remove is the new utility, new cuts uploaded to release candidates.  Does not delete the .lst or .dep files as to allow easy re-importing of the same sce in the future.

Offline jls

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:28:44 AM »
Hi
  • Why don't call it removesce since the other sce scripts are called importsce and updatesce?
  • If I want to remove an sce I don't see the reason of reimporting it in the future, so why leave the sce dir dirty? Leave the .lst & .dep could be an option.
  • unmounted sce could be removed immediately without waiting for shutdown/reboot

thanks
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:41:45 AM by jls_legalize »
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 06:50:43 AM »
Ok, removesce would be more in keeping with the names of the other utilities.

I would rather the option be to remove the .lst and .dep files while the default be to leave them in place, that way the dep and list data is not accidentally erased if not desired.  If one is to re-import in the future it would usually be with the same dep and list file data.  And leaving them there causes no cost of space.

I will think about the ability to remove unmounted SCEs during the session.  But that would entail checking for all dependent SCEs as to whether they are mounted or not.  I want to keep this a simple utility rather than it take on a life of it's own.  And the concept of marked for deletion on reboot is also what Core uses.

Offline jls

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 07:03:36 AM »
Hi
It's not a question of space but a question of keeping the sce dir clean since I frequently  go manually with a file manager to check the sce dir.
Again, why should I reimport an sce if previously I decided to erase it? Nowadays space it's not a problem anymore.
I often think to open pools on questions like this, but it seems like we are very few people using dCore.
Why do u want to stay in line with core? They are 2 different distros, they share the kernel ok and the concepts, but the important scripts like importsce for example are different for tce-load.
It seems like u are the boss of dCore, sort of one person distro.
Feel free to do what u want but try to propose things in the forum before doing them.
I don't know how is the dCore team formed and with who do u cooperate.
thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »
You titled the thread "marked for deletion" this proposing that we implement pretty much the same idea in dCore.  And that is what I did, with the difference being that the lst and dep files are left by default, as I sometimes do re-import things and like to keep that data.  You want it to be removed, so I said lets give an option to purge. 

Since folks who try dCore will be coming from Core, I don't want them to have to learn an entire different way of doing things besides using importsce instead of tce-load. 

Anyone here knows that I always listen to feedback and cooperate with whoever who posts here.   All ideas brought up here have been implemented unless there is a good reason not to. 

If folks want to leave the .lst and dep files there by default, rather than remove them, say so here.  I can easily change it to remove them by default, and will do that, giving a -k option to leave them.   

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »
sce-remove now named removesce.  There is a -k option to keep .lst and .dep files for those that would like to.  Also, KEEPLIST=TRUE can be specified in /etc/sysconfig/sceconfig, it is documented in that file. 

Uploaded to release candidates.