WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: libreoffice for TC6 64  (Read 3248 times)

Offline aplannan

libreoffice for TC6 64
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:20:50 PM »
Hi,
Started building my dream 64-bit distro with TinyCore5-64 maybe a week ago. TC6 came out and started over, but alas, no libreoffice in the repo. Reluctant to use an extension from TC5-64, as I did some mixing with my 32-bit TC between 4 and 5 releases and some of the dependencies got kind of muddled.
 Will libreoffice  show up? Daunted by the prospect of trying to build it myself, hoping someone with more skills might make it happen. Would probably be happy with abiword 3.0 if "Save as PDF" was not broken (loaded ghostscript thinking it might be a dep issue, no luck). Still use oo2.tcz from way back with my 32-bit TC, just wish I could make it work for 64. Seems like any distro needs a solid office suite-and pdf export helps with cross platform document sharing.

Would begging help?

Thanks
Andy

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: libreoffice for TC6 64
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:40:27 PM »
Did you try libreoffice from the corepure64 5.x repo?

If it works, it can be copied over to the 6.x repo

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86_64/tcz/libreoffice.tcz

Offline aplannan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »
I haven't yet. I've done this is the past, using beloved extensions from old repos. the problem is conflicting dependencies because the dependencies themeselves have been updated. So I end up having to have old versions of certain libraries, renamed old_libpng.tcz for example, for extensions from a previous release (editing the dep files etc., not bad, but kind of a pain). It got messy after awhile. If it was possibleto  set up multiple tce directories (ie. a TC4 tce directory and a TC5 tce directory) and if tcz were seperated by versions (specifically labeled) for loading purposes in the repo's it may help.

I'll look at the TC5 dependencies and make sure nothing has been updated and get back to you. I don't mind helping, and if they are all the same I think your right, the extention could be safely transferred.

Thanks
Andy

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:10:18 PM »
In fact libreoffice will need to be recompiled against the latest icu extension.

I'll try to summon the energy for this in the next couple of days...

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
made it at the third attempt - the first two failing at the 3 hour mark...

libreoffice is another package that accepts --disable-python, but requires python3 to compile. At the moment it doesn't like the python3 extension so I was obliged to compile it with it's own internal python making things bloated even by libreoffice standards.

I'll eventually see if the python3 extension can be adjusted to suit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:34:29 AM by Juanito »