First release candidate of piCore 6.0 is available.
This is a beta level cut. If you decide to help test, then please test carefully. We don't want anyone to lose data.
Since this is an beta cut, although the team has worked through several preview cuts, we ask that only experienced users test. This cut is not for production use. The features in any beta may change before a public release candidate is available.
Note that the fltk library has been updated to 1.3.3 to enable unicode. fltk-1.1 and 1.3 can be installed at the same time, and old apps using 1.1 will continue to work.
We appreciate testing and feedback.
Changelog for 6.0 rc1:
* first partion, mmcblk0p1 size reduced
* serial terminal restarts with login after exit
* safe overclocking enabled by deafult, startup time is 20% less now
* default cpufreq governor changed to performance
* cpufreq governor set to ondemand when startup finished
* shell history deleted
Changelog for 6.0 Beta355:
* kernel updated to 3.12.35
Changelog for 6.0 Beta200:
* kernel updated to 3.14.23
Changelog for 6.0 Beta100:
* kernel updated to 3.18.0
Changelog for 6.0 Beta2:
* kernel updated to 3.17.4
* RPi firmware updated to December 3 release
* serial terminal now started by default
* preinstalled components updated
Changelog for 6.0 Beta1:
* kernel updated to 3.17.3
* glibc updated to 2.20
* gcc updated to 4.9.2
* e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.42.12
* util-linux base libs/apps updated to 2.25.2