WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Announcements  (Read 158210 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Announcements
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
The release candidate ISOs have been run with isohybrid, ready to install to USB.  Refer to this thread:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18889.msg115866.html#msg115866

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2015, 02:57:56 AM »
Bugfix in tc-config quieting a mount command output.  Also ,chpasswd and passwd set as symlinks to busybox.

All dCore ports updated.

Offline jls

« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2015, 04:24:35 AM »
Hi
I don't see the modifications in git, also in core they also changed ondemand, tce-load, tce-setup and tc-functions, thant maybe are also applicable on dCore.
dCore user

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2015, 04:30:55 AM »
The changes haven't made it into x86/x86_64 as yet...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2015, 04:57:17 AM »
Right, please don't copy the ondemand modifications for dCore while things are still unsettled.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2015, 05:06:49 AM »
Curaga, Juanito - I will wait until changes are released in ondemand and such before porting them here.

JLS - on those changes I am taking one thing at a time, right now fixing existing problems.  And I did not adjust tc-config in git as I don't want to go "back and forth" if this fix in RC does not work.  And base file adjustments are not in git anyway, git is just for the dCore scripts.

But I will update git as I am confident the little adjustment will work.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
New RC for x86 dCore ports posted that put the DEBINX Packages files in /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/import/debinx for less clutter of the tcedir.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »
Uploaded new cut that uses debug boot code for troubleshooting extension loading during boot or runtim.

All dCore x86 ports updated.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »
Uploaded new cut so sce-update recognizes the NONINTERACTIVE entry in sceconfig.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »
Uploaded new cut that uses the "sce-import -v" option to view packages that will be contained in the SCE.  This way the default behavior is to need to use a flag to see this kind of stuff, and by default the "noninteractive" mode is used.

Offline jls

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2015, 04:53:40 AM »
Hi
I added
VIEWPKGS=TRUE
in sceconfig but sce-import asks if I want to see the pkg list
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
Ok, I put in the new option so it would bring up the (y/n) like before if you wanted to see the pkg list.   I will upload another cut with the (y/n) taken out and instead going straight to the more/less output where the package list is viewed, where the q for quit exits it and that would take out the needless answer of y to view.

Offline jls

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2015, 07:19:53 AM »
Hi. Having a sceconfig file bring to me the necessity of the option and the opposite in the command line. For example if I have VIEWPKG=TRUE and sometimes I don't want it there is the need to add a command line option for this like there is -v for the opposite. Thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
If I understand correctly, then we would also need to create the same behavior for every command line switch to negate the OPTION=TRUE in sceconfig, and we already are running out of letters of the alphabet that at least closely resemble what the switch represents.   This would hamper the future addition of new switches.

What I can do is have the -n 'noninteractive' option negate everything as in making sce-import finish with no interaction.  If we sometimes do but sometimes don't want an option to be used, then the command line is the place to specify it.  Sceconfig is for what we always want to happen. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2015, 11:39:28 AM »
Here is an idea I think is along the lines of what you are talking about.  Instead of a competing switch for each option, perhaps having a -z switch for zero options that is similar to the "base norestore" boot code, canceling any other options for a fast import import session if one does not want their usual size,ram,etc functions.