WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: piCore 6.0 Beta200  (Read 17009 times)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: piCore 6.0 Beta200
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
Using RPi B+ with piCore 6.0 Beta 200-X. I can't load mirror.tcz. Every time I format the sd card and put piCore back on it it says the mirror.tcs file is invalid to load. I had tried to manually load it as well and same result.

Did you expand the file system as it is written in README file?

Nope. I didn't read that section because the fist part of that section states: "Base system, piCore-5.x has only the first partitions;"

You are not using the base system but the -X version with preinstalled apps on the second partition which must be sized to fit your SD card and the way using piCore. By default it has room only for preinstalled apps.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline bdtc

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 03:23:15 AM »
You are not using the base system but the -X version with preinstalled apps on the second partition which must be sized to fit your SD card and the way using piCore. By default it has room only for preinstalled apps.

Ah okay.  Thank you, bmarkus.

Offline jgrulich

• GRULICH DESIGN - R&D Lab.
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 06:58:40 AM »
Hi Béla,

The issue with the app manager was recognized as a pure server issue.
Seems that the main  repo.tinycorelinux.net is overloaded, especially during evening time, and is very, very slow.
 Even the second distro.ibiblio.org is quite slow. The best working are ftp.nluug.nl and ftp.vim.org.