WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Is there a list of Ham Radio extensions already in TC?  (Read 7485 times)

Offline bkm

Re: Is there a list of Ham Radio extensions already in TC?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 06:31:16 AM »
Thanks, but I think the practice is good anyway and I think it is probably a good idea to exercise the CD drives and the network ports while doing the install so we know they all work. I will have to generate a sound test to make sure those ports are working as well. I don't want to take a chance of missing a potential problem and having some student get left out on their first digital modes lesson. If anything, this exercise has made me hyper aware of the potential for things to go awry.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 06:41:46 AM »
There is already "speaker-test" program.

Offline bkm

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
Is that part of one of the packages? I didn't see is as a TCZ file in the repo and it didn't show up when I did a search in TAGS for "speaker".

Where do I find this speaker test program?

BKM

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 06:59:01 AM »
Hi bkm
It's part of  alsa.tcz. That's why you need to read the info file for extensions, it's mention in there.

Offline bkm

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:45 AM »
Ok thanks. I printed out the first 3 chapters of the book last night and read them until I was bleary eyed. Will re-skim them tonight and read then next few chapters, then repeat. After at least one read through I should at least have some idea of where to find specific information quickly and further re-reads should eventually make me a little less likeley to make dumb mistakes. I should probably print out all the info files for my packages as well.  I know they can be read on screen, but I guess I'm a bit old school when it comes to reading reference material.

BKM