Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce the immediate availability of piCore-5.3:http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/armv6/releases/5.3/
* kernel updated to 3.14.4
* Raspberry Pi firmware updated to May 12, 2014 version
* e2fsprogs updated to 1.42.10
* util-linux updated to 2.24
* official BusyBox patches applied
* curaga's wget3 BusyBox patch applied, setting default timeout to 10s
* tce-load: Don't show an error when extension contains multiple modules
* tce-load: Use sudo when unmounting meta-extensions
* patched to enable HDMI sound at 192 kbit/s rate (thanks sbp)
* patched rtl8192cu driver to disable powersaving
* enabled CMA and FIQ-FSM by default
* filetool.sh "Done" message cosmetics
Please note, alsa-modules-3.14.4-piCore+.tcz has no startup script to avoid conflicts with DACS, necessary modules must be loaded by user, including on-chip sound device.
Images with preinstalled SSH for headless operation and with GUI also available.
QEMU version is now available. For instructions read http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,14080.0.htmlUpdating previous versions on Raspberry Pi without removing SD card
Download piCore-5.3rc4-boot.tar.gz extract to a temporaray folder and overwrite content of /mnt/mmcblk0p1 after mounting it. It will overwrite custom boot options. If you have customied cmdline.txt on config.txt in the old system, do it again. Do not reboot if using wireless remote connection, otherwise you will loose connection due to incompatible kernel modules!
Next download kernel module tcz's from the repo matching new kernel version and reboot. You must have a new, updated system working.
Please note, there may be kernel module extensions which are not yet available in the repo.
Before modifying mmcblk01 content, it is adviced to make backup to a persistent device.
For support visit http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/board,57.0.html