WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Xvesa disabling tap-to-click.  (Read 2193 times)

Offline buckythefly

Xvesa disabling tap-to-click.
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:30:43 AM »
Hey, I am pretty new to tiny core,  I installed it on my trusty Thinkpad T43 and everything is great except the track pad on "old faithful" is absolutely awful and so I primarily use the pointing stick.  But if I so much as bump that track pad I am clicking all over the place.   

Can someone direct me to how to possibly disable that setting?  In xorg I know its in the config file, but I dunno where to do it for Xvesa and Tiny Core. Tap-to-click

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Xvesa disabling tap-to-click.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:07:52 AM »
If you look at ~/.xsession you should see something like this in the first line:
Code: [Select]
Xvesa -br -screen 1280x800x32 -shadow -2button -mouse /dev/input/mouse0 -nolisten tcp -I >/dev/null 2>&1
..you need to modify mouse0 to mouse1 or similar to get your pointing stick, but not your trackpad

The following (or similar, I'm not at a tc machine at the moment) should help identify your pointing stick:
$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Xvesa disabling tap-to-click.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:53:31 AM »
Hi Juanito
This was very helpful. I was just given an HP G62 and the touchpad was driving me nuts since I kept accidentally bumping it. This laptop
has no provision in the BIOS to disable it. The USB mouse I plugged in shows up as  /dev/input/mouse0  so the following solved the
problem for me:
Xvesa -br -screen 1366x768x24 -shadow -mouse /dev/input/mouse0,5 -nolisten tcp -I >/dev/null 2>&1 &The  ,5  after  mouse0  is required to get the scrollwheel to work.