WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Starting, intitializing system services  (Read 6578 times)

Offline helander

Re: Starting, intitializing system services
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:51 AM »
To be pragmatic, I will apply the most simple solution for HAL using the zzz500-hal name to execute it at the end of the chain. In fact, introducing categories or a separate directory wouldn't give too much more benefits, if we can introduce and accept some rules, for example use name prefixes for example

000...999 and zzz000...zzz999

for extensions. If there are initializations depending on others fitting the same category, authors can agree on name, or simply anybody can change the order renaming extension without involving creator.

Not the most beatiful solution but works. Introduction of a more advanced mechanism can be postponed.

I am fine with this. Is the current alfa ordering documented somewhere (easy to find)? If not, maybe a wiki page about
startorder so that users know how it works and TC/MC maintainers do not forget to keep this behavior. In case users
are going to rely on it, it should be a bit "official".

/Lars

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
It is sequential among the extension type. I don't remember right now though if tcz were processed after tce or the other way around.

.tce loaded first in alphabetic order, than .tcz
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline helander

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
It is sequential among the extension type. I don't remember right now though if tcz were processed after tce or the other way around.

.tce loaded first in alphabetic order, than .tcz

Did you mean load or did you mean install script execution? What we have been discussing is the install script execution order and that takes place after all extensions have been loaded. That part of the code does not know about tce:s or tcz: since it only looks into /usr/local/tce.installed. Further it does it via a find and not an ls, so I am not sure it really
does this in alfa order. It could be that the options given to find in this case ensures alfa order. Have anyone tested this?

/Lars

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
sort -f has been inserted into the pipeline.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.