dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions > dCore X86

some problems with sudo and su

(1/1)

netnomad:
hi friends,

tc@box:~$ sudo su
su: pam_start: error 26

sudo mc works flawless,
but sudo /usr/local/bin/freecaches that includes only a little command line for freeing caches ends with the same error message, although it worked for some years in all flavors of tinycore:

#!/bin/sh
su -c "sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches"

tc@box:~$ sudo freecaches
su: pam_start: error 26

my /etc/sudoer is unmodified:
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
tc       ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

thank you for all your hints and helps.

Jason W:
I saw this error once on one of my machines, but it was resolved with a fresh import of my sce's and an update to the latest dCore release.

netnomad:
hi jason w,

yeah, a fresh import of my sce's solved this issue :)

thank you for sharing your experience.

Jason W:
Hopefully these instances of having to re-import one's entire set of sce's will be few.  Of course the list file "importsce -f listfile" option makes it easier and with deb and tar.gz packages being stored locally it is just a matter of repacking the sce's with minimal download cost.  There seems to be more change allowed now in Debian Stable than in the past in regards to dependency lists and versions of packages, so some disruption is to be expected.

netnomad:
hi jason w,

that´s not such a big problem as far as i know about it...
i store the packages locally and use a list file like "importsce -f mydesktop".

there are only two things that i want to improve:

1. i use a single-core 1.6 ghz with 1gb ram for my daily dcore-life, so it takes round about 45 minutes to merge all my packages that are included in the filelist mydesktop.
could there be options for debug mode f.e. to keep some temp-files in the merging-directories?

2. i like the microcore-approach of starting a lean system with basic functions and loading heavier packages when they are needed.
with dcore these additional packages need so many duplicate dependencies that all seperate packages need all this duplicates included :(

for this problem i contributed some ideas in the request: importsce "add-on".sces based on "base".sces
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,16197.0.html?PHPSESSID=7jvuvsbm36ma6lu6acotefg4m6
i would be happy if this concept could be considered.

sce-merge is an great tool, but in my configuration my meta-package mydesktop.sce is getting soon so fat that it could get unusable :(
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,16199.msg95963.html#msg95963

thank you for your help and hints

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version