dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions > dCore X86

importsce "add-on".sces based on "base".sces

(1/12) > >>

netnomad:
hi roberts, hi jason w,

with microcore i configured a very lean base-system with ondemand-packages that cover almost every task i could need during the year with my micro-tiny-multi-core-stick.
this lean base system can be expanded with some really heavy packages like libreoffice, multimedia-stuff and virtualboxes,
but usually i load only few packages that are really needed.

my dCore-configuration offers only few packages although my mydesktop.sce weights already 250mb.

now i want to configure a similar lean configuration with dCore,
but i experienced that additional, separated sce-packages depend on so many duplicated packages.
in the moment it seems to be problematic to reach my goal with this approach.

please consider following idea:

importsce -f base
# base.sce offers a base-system

importsce -b base -f desktop
# desktop.sce includes all further packages based on the packages and their dependencies
# that are provided by base

importsce -b base,desktop -f multimedia
# multimedia.sce is imported based on the packages
# that are provided by base and desktop

with such an approach dCore could offer a resembling small footprint like the tcz-packages of the other cores.

thank you for improving this exciting project, for your time and your commitment.

netnomad:
hi friends,

jason w contributed a great tool called sce-merge:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,16199.msg95963.html#msg95963

as i´m looking for a solution with low hardware-requirements,
i think that a modular approach could help.
with the current situation my configuration is getting soon so fat that it could get unusable :(

thank you for your help and hints.

netnomad:
hi roberts, hi jason w,

did you miss to read my post?

thank you for your reflections about this topic.

Jason W:
Hi netnomad,
The use of a list file to import that creates one sce with no duplicate files is the closes thing to what you are talking about that we are able to support. 

netnomad:
hi jason w,

thank you for your reply.
yes, you are right that i could do everything in one sce and then there are no duplicates in that sce.

i'm looking for a lean, fast and stable system that is so multifuctional that i can use it for all my every day tasks.
so i want to start with a lean basic system and load the seldom used application only when they are needed.

my basic programm-set includes fluxbox, iceweasel, icedove and some basic cli-programs :)

in some cases i want to load these fat programs, only when i need them:
libreoffice, gimp, xsane, gtkam, isomaster, minitube, linphone, skype, virtualbox, several additional browsers.

all programs in one sce extend the resources of my hardware and my patience (to boot) ;)

on the other side it is not very handy to package additional sces,
cause every separate package needs so many duplicate libraries, especially for X :(

in my proposed concept these duplicates could be avoided and
the advantages of the tcz-approach could improve the dCore-concept in a lean way.

so please be so kind and consider the suggestions in my post.
thank you for your time and attention :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version