WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: EZRemaster with 5.XX  (Read 2726 times)

Offline nassausky

EZRemaster with 5.XX
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »
I have 5.02 installed on a hard drive (SDA1) which is almost setup as a kiosk on a PC.  I wanted to remaster with all the modules currently installed on my SDA1. I looked at the wiki but it doesn't cover the scenario I am using.   I then tried the app browser after someone mentioned ezremaster but the description doesn't mention tinycore 5.XX.  I tried it anyway but it didn't work and it looks like the script is referring to tinycore.gz instead of core.gz and there are probably other issues. Anyone know how I can get a nice backup  of the HDD onto a ISO which I can then later install (restore) back to the HDD incase I want to restore it back to the current state.

Update: Still trying to figure out how to do this. I'm looking through some forum messages I kind of put together a script which remastered a tinycorelinux.iso but it only boots up to core.  I need the xwin working and also the extensions working.

Code: [Select]
#Assuming you download TinyCore-current.iso to /tmp and rename it to TinyCore.iso
#
sudo mkdir /mnt/tmp
sudo mount /tmp/TinyCore.iso /mnt/tmp -o loop,ro
sudo mkdir /tmp/full
sudo cp -a /mnt/tmp/boot /tmp/full
sudo mv /tmp/full/boot/core.gz /tmp/full
sudo umount /mnt/tmp

cd /tmp/full
sudo mv core.gz boot
sudo mkdir newiso
sudo mv boot newiso
sudo mkisofs -l -J -R -V TC-custom -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin \
-c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o TC-remastered.iso newiso

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:52:50 PM by nassausky »

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Re: EZRemaster with 5.XX
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »
It sounds like you have the wrong version of ezremaster.   There is a "ezremaster.tcz" extension which is what you want.   When you start it up it says it is for use for ezremaster 5.0 and later.   The older version, "ezremaster-legacy.tcz" is for older versions. 

It seems as the search in Apps Browser isn't showing the correct one when you search for "ezremaster", but if you don't search and scroll down the list you will see ezremaster.tcz which is what you want. 

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »
It seems as the search in Apps Browser isn't showing the correct one when you search for "ezremaster", but if you don't search and scroll down the list you will see ezremaster.tcz which is what you want.

ezremaster.tcz is now visible for search (tags line was missing in .info)
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline nassausky

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »
Thanks that's great. I found it.  It get's further in the remaster process than the old version and now at the step of adding applications, mydata.tgz it displays PROBLEM

The error log displays:
sudo tar -xvzf /mnt/sda1/tce/mydata.tgz -C /tmp/ezremaster/extract
gzip: invalid magic
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is no recoverable: exiting now

Any idea?

Offline nassausky

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
So that machine was at home and I will look at it again tonight and maybe someone will have suggestions but for now I tried this at work and it ran without errors.

Just wasn't sure how to remaster it with ezremaster in which the remastered CD has the apps loaded up ready to go.  The extension installation screen is very busy and wasn't sure how my apps should be listed on that screen.  In this example I have cups installed, firefox installed with some addons.

Offline nassausky

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
OK for the time being I loaded the correct box with extensions. The horizontal middle column (1st & 2nd starting from top) are the apps which will install on boot.  The difference is if it will load in RAM or not.   I chose for now the top (Outside initrd apps on boot) So the CD boots with my apps listed and they run.  Only problem is firefox which didn't install with whitelist addon.  Is there a quick way to have it also load the addons during the remaster or do I have to dig into the extract (as the wizard has a section we can make changes) and figure out myself where to add this addon.  :-[

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 03:11:23 PM »
Did you try making a backup after the Firefox whitelist addon was installed, and then including that backup in your ezremaster remaster?

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »

ezremaster.tcz is now visible for search (tags line was missing in .info)

Thanks for fixing that!