WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: linux-headers-3.8.10*  (Read 2091 times)

gordonselfish

linux-headers-3.8.10*
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
Hi

Can someone make 32 and 64 bit linux-headers for the 5.x series please

OFFTOPIC

This post initially referred to offtopic matters that caused offence to another member.

I accept full responsibility for all I write and wish you all the best in the future.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:29:08 AM by gordonselfish »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: linux-headers-3.8.10*
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
The Maintainer for Linux Headers is ^thatstherule^, you might ask him for an update.   

Meanwhile I have provided an alternative which installs full sources to compile against. While it is continuously being improved it's operation is easy, just one click and its done..   when run there maybe occasional choices depending on ones needs, all of which can safely be ignored as the sources will be installed in their correct location and symlinks provided.

There are two independent scrips
(linux-3.8.10-sources-env.sh)
This assumes neither script has been run before and will download and install the sources and deps as needed.

the other
(linux-3.8.10-sources-basic-env.sh)
This maybe used for special requirements and is run only when sources and deps have been saved locally after previously using the main script above.  (this script can has built-in safeguards so cannot be run accidentally)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:11:34 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline andyj

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:49:05 PM »
I have a linux-headers-3.8.10-tinycore extension that I hand made and it works for things like open-vm-tools, but it seems rather portly at 7 megs. I'm working on an extension build script but I'm not having much luck. I've been trying to use the "make install_headers" route, but I think that's a dead end because open-vm-tools won't compile against it no matter what. I'm just going to have to copy the files from the tree. My script is on my work laptop, so I might get it working tomorrow if it rains and I'm stuck inside.

gordonselfish

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:15 AM »
this thread has had all my offending OFFTOPIC replies removed by me.