WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: xfe for 5.0 please  (Read 13554 times)

Offline Misalf

Re: xfe for 5.0 please
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »
Thanks.
I'll try to recreate this.
I did test UTF8 before submitting the extensions, but I'm suspecting that FOX might better be compiled with an additional flag to maybe fix this problem in Xfe.

It might take a little longer until my next reply. :p
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline Misalf

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
It might take some more time until I submit updated versions of FOX and Xfe, which I have already built and sent to Gawron via PM for testing - If Gawron is just as slow as I am (reasonable after my 'warning') that is, since I am unable to reproduce this bug.

So, if there is any demand for an updated version regarding fixing incorrect UTF8 character encoding, please send me a PM and I'll send you a link to the extensions before I will submit them to the repo.

Otherwise, I will just submit it as is, because I have actually no idea how to fix this issue (I thought I'd have taken care about it from the beginning by giving FOX the necessary compiling flag - but meh.. I use english.)

BTW, Xfe was updated to version 1.37 and includes a 'search' feature now.

Offline Gawron

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
Hi Misalf. I am sorry for slow response , I changed disk and OS on this old PC to Debian, and can't check the hardware compatibility with this new version.  On VirtualBox everything is OK with pl_PL.utf8 and xfe. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:40:59 PM by Gawron »

Offline Misalf

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »
No problem. You've still been much faster than I was.

So the bug fixed itself / was caused by something else. No surprise since TC doesn't come with UTF8 support out of the box.

I will submit those updated extensions of FOX and Xfe.