Team Tiny Core is proud to announce the release of Core v5.0http://www.tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release
Changelog for 5.0:
* kernel update to 3.8.10 with (u)efi boot enabled
* option to use vmlinuz + rootfs.gz + modules.gz or vmlinuz64 + rootfs.gz + modules64.gz (where boot loader permits)
* aterm, freetype, imlib2, jpeg and libpng factored out of Xlibs/Xprogs
* glibc updated to 2.17 and recompiled against 3.8.x kernel headers
* gcc updated to 4.7.2, recompiled against 3.8.x kernel headers and cloog, gmp, mpc, mpfr and ppl
* e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.42.7
* util-linux base libs/apps updated to 2.23.1
* scm extensions have been dropped
* /usr/sbin/fstype modified for new blkid output (supress "/dev/sda" type output in /etc/fstab and mount gui)
* fixed copy2fs bug with tc-load
* localhost.local domain added to /etc/hosts, /usr/bin/sethostname for avahi compatibility/libcups printing
* 50-udev-default.rules adjusted to allow rw access to /dev/rfkill
Note that due to factoring out and updating libpng, many extensions from the tc-4.x repo will not work with tc-5.0.
Please feel free to test any extensions from tc-4.x with tc-5.0 and report progress in the tce section of the forums so that working extensions can be copied to the 5.x repo.
Note also that due to the update to Xorg-7.7 and libs, users should mark Xlibs, Xprogs, Xvesa, Xfbdev and Xorg-7.6 for deletion, reboot and download the latest versions (Xorg-7.6 is replaced by Xorg-7.7). Again, use the tce section of the forums to report any problems.
Finally, note that users will need to download a terminal extension (aterm or others) and load it prior to starting Xvesa, Xfbdev or Xorg-7.7
The new repository area:http://www.tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/tcz/
Edit: updated/corrected URL