WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: dCore-5.0.alpha1 released  (Read 55085 times)

Offline uggla

Re: dCore-5.0.alpha1 released
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2013, 07:36:29 AM »
I'm running xorg-intel with flwm_topside.

Gpicview and firefox has wbar icons but xarchiver, libreoffice, iceweasel, rox-filer does not.

Offline uggla

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
Wireless is working fine when wireless-tools, wireless-3.8.10-tinycore, firmware-iwlwifi and wpasupplicant is loaded individually at boot but it does not when they are part of a  mega-package.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
It sounds like you have a permissions problem of your /home/tc directory, that would explain why you can't save a new file as user, and it also explains what you are seeing with wbar.   Both are working fine here. 

Do you mean you are putting the kernel modules into a big mega package with the others, one big sce file?

Offline uggla

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
It sounds like you have a permissions problem of your /home/tc directory, that would explain why you can't save a new file as user, and it also explains what you are seeing with wbar.   Both are working fine here. 
I will test with non-persistent home.
Do you mean you are putting the kernel modules into a big mega package with the others, one big sce file?
Exactly.

Offline uggla

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
I noticed that flwm_topside is only downloadable with fetchsce and not with import, making it impossible to include in a mega-package.

Offline uggla

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
I redid some of my testing, now with persistent /opt and /tce but non-persistent /home. And no mega-packages.

My extlinux.conf:

LABEL dcore
KERNEL /tce/boot/dcore/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=/tce/boot/dcore/dCore.gz quiet host=zepto tz=CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3 opt=sda6 tce=sda6 psmouse.proto=imps nodhcp

My sceboot.lst (no mega-packages):

wireless-tools
wireless-3.8.10-tinycore
firmware-iwlwifi
wpasupplicant
xorg-intel
wbar
flwm_topside
Xtc
Xprogs

Directly after boot I ran:

import -b libreoffice-gnome
loadsce libreoffice-gnome

Then I looked at my wbar, no libreoffice icon. But in the Application menu libreoffice had appeared. I started libreoffice from the application menu. I found that I still was unable to create new documents from the welcome screen. All buttons/links were greyed out except the ones labeled Open... and Templates... I then took a screenshot. I got the popup saying the screenshot was saved to my home. I checked my home directory, no screenshot found. Running screenshot.sh from prompt gave me the same result and an error: imlib2_grab: not found. 

I then ran:

import -b firefox
loadsce firefox

I checked my wbar and no Firefox icon, it was present in the application menu though. By accident I then happened to right click my wbar. Wbar reloaded and the Firefox icon appeared (but still no libreoffice icon).

Now you should be able to reproduce some of my issues.

Regarding the inability to import flwm_topside, the same goes for Xtc and Xprogs.

Regards
Uggla

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
flwm_topside, Xprogs, and Xtc are not debian packages so, of course you cannot import them from debian wheezy repository. However sce packages are squashfs just like tcz, except sce tries to contain its dependencies. Therefore it is quite trivial to unpack using unsquahsfs the sce and cpio any other directories you wish to construct a mega package and repack with mksquashfs. Of course such meta packages are not required.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:59:39 PM by roberts »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline uggla

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
flwm_topside, Xprogs, and Xtc are not debian packages so, of course you cannot import them from debian wheezy repository. However sce packages are squashfs just like tcz, except sce tries to contain its dependencies. Therefore it is quite trivial to unpack using unsquahsfs the sce and cpio any other directories you wish to construct a mega package and repack with mksquashfs. Of course such meta packages are not required.
Then please tell me why it's possible to import some other non-debian packages like f ex wireless-3.8.10-tinycore, wireless-tools and firefox?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
Apparently a data format that was intended for additional Core specific files to be merged with a debian package is now being used to offer full packages. Something needs to be worked out during this alpha phase.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
We will plan to drop premade sces and sce-fetch in favor of allowing all access via import.

Offline uggla

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
Great!  :)