Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

remastering tinycore.gz

<< < (3/3)

mikshaw:
I figured I could change tc-config as Jason suggested, but I'm hesitant to do it since future updates might complicate the process.  My current desire as far as remastering is to do nothing but add, replace, and delete files that are not lkely to change over time, since this is easy to script.

If curaga is right, I should be able to just append a line to modules.dep in my remaster.
I'm thinking the -b flag is not needed, since the module is being put in the /lib/modules/2.6.26-tinycore/kernel/fs/reiserfs directory

mikshaw:
Still not loading, so I must be missing something else.
For now I think I'll leave out both home=hda4 and local=hda4 from the boot options and do it from bootlocal until I learn more about how kernel modules work.

mikshaw:
That worked.  My bootlocal.sh looks like this at the moment (with reiserfs.ko.gz added to base):

--- Code: ---depmod -a
mount /dev/hda4
if [ $? == 0 ]; then
  mount --bind /mnt/hda4/home/tc /home/tc
  mount --bind /mnt/hda4/tc-apps /usr/local
  ldconfig
fi

--- End code ---
That leaves a few small /home/tc files in memory, but it's fine for now.  I could delete them before mounting, but I didn't think about that at the time.
I'm going to leave it like that for now.  I have to focus on getting the martian ltmodem driver working so I can put my other distros to bed.

EDIT: Oddly, wbar doesn't load anymore =op
EDIT2: My problem with modules.dep was a typo.  That's fixed now, so I removed the commands from bootlocal and replaced a couple of lines in tc-config to check mtab for the home & local devices instead of testing if the mount command was successful.  Now the boot codes can still be used.

There are still some weird things happening, but I don't think they have anything to do with the remaster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version