General TC > Tiny Core on Virtual Machines

Compiling a kernel (on VMware player)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Juanito:

--- Quote from: Eitan on July 13, 2013, 05:11:23 AM ---I don't know how to check how much free space I've got...

--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---$ df -h /dev/sda1 [substitute your actual partition]
--- End code ---

Eitan:
so I still have 50% of my hdd (that's around 250MB out of 0.5GB).
So it's not it..

Does tar: short read necessarily mean I have a problem in extracting?
It doesn't say "unsuccessfully/abruptly/unexpectedly terminated".

Juanito:

--- Quote from: Eitan on July 13, 2013, 09:27:53 AM ---Does tar: short read necessarily mean I have a problem in extracting?

--- End quote ---

Yes, did you check the md5sum after downloading? Either you have a corrupted download or you don't have enough space to uncompress the file.

genec:
While in the directory you're extracting the tarball from:

--- Code: ---df .
--- End code ---

Eitan:

--- Quote from: Juanito on July 13, 2013, 09:32:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Eitan on July 13, 2013, 09:27:53 AM ---Does tar: short read necessarily mean I have a problem in extracting?

--- End quote ---

Yes, did you check the md5sum after downloading? Either you have a corrupted download or you don't have enough space to uncompress the file.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but what do I compare it with?
md5sum returns: 8095f9e785c15c0c784933f53d4df0ee

Update:
I changed the hdd to 2GB and RAM 1GB, this time it didn't say nothing (ie short read)
when I tried cp ../config-3.0.21-tinycore .config it said there isn't enough space on device..
I used mv instead and didn't receive any errors.

The use of make still gives me an error, I'll try a bit more (maybe I should make an even bigger hdd?) and I'll post again

Update 2: Attatched the error. it's different so at least something was corrected (or partially fixed)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version