WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: "locking" threads  (Read 2381 times)

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
"locking" threads
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:18 AM »
Although I like to see "on topic" threads,  closing down a thread with  posts by:softwaregurl(2),robc, kerpob,juanito (2),jason,micshaw and myself because one other poster went a bit off the wall seems a bit heavy handed.
Actually, I thought the contributions by the above writers to be of value in addressing a potentially intimidating process...especially for those coming over  from windows or mac OS.   I recall only a few instances of "locking"
threads by Robert on the dsl board, I believe due to a  highly charged controversial topic that included potential legal issues.  The new standard appears to be

"The reason is stated at the end of the thread, that's all"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:49:48 AM by jpeters »

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: "locking" threads
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »
The moderation basis is indeed posted in the last message of those threads.  For users who wanted to reply, a suggestion was also described in the same post.

Although these are different forums, I'll say that that was only one scenario.

FYI, it's not a good idea to repost messages originating from PMs without permission, in general.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
Re: "locking" threads
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »

FYI, it's not a good idea to repost messages originating from PMs without permission, in general.

Yeah....generally I wouldn't.  I'd rather be talking to you about coding issues though, so let's move on.... :) 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:43:13 AM by jpeters »