WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Remove Terminal from wbar [SOLVED]  (Read 4251 times)

Offline 2os

Remove Terminal from wbar [SOLVED]
« on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:17 AM »
I remaster TC to include only Xlibs, Xvesa, fltk-1.1.10, flwm_topside, wbar. With this configuration wbar includes only Terminal.

I also follow on this excellent instructions to add my own icons to wbar and it works beautiful:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_custom_command_icons_in_wbar

Still by default, wbar also includes the Terminal icon which should not be there for what I do with TC. Of course, I can use tc-wbarconf tool to remove it and arrive at my desired setup but I don't know how can this be made permanent. Is there a configuration file/s somewhere that can be edited at time of ezremastering to not include the Terminal in the wbar but without affecting the wbar behavior of pulling my icons and related scripts from tce/ondemand?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:09:57 PM by 2os »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: Remove Terminal from wbar
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:45:02 AM »
System icons puzzled me for a while, am not sure if I fully understand them even now but if you follow the code starting at " icons " you'll find adjusting and making persistent the additional /tmp/tce/xwbar.lst helped to control icons over a remaster.  I use ezremaster and find that a persistent /tmp/tce/xwbar.lst works for my weekly remasters

You have to luv the wbar, it's classy but is also dynamic, so if you need the apps in a specific order then refer to freedesktop naming convention, which also controls the order of of items in desktop menus.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:48:56 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Remove Terminal from wbar
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »
For v4.x it is in Xlibs.tcz. You can use the GUI Apps browse for Xlibs and click on File tab.
There you will see:

usr/local/share/applications/tinycore-aterm.desktop
usr/local/share/pixmaps/aterm.png

Starting with 5.0 aterm has been factored out and is now a separate extension.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline 2os

Re: Remove Terminal from wbar [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
coreplayer2: I followed your posts on this board while researching this task. Thanks for the advice about naming apps with relation to order they appear in the wbar. At this point I use only two icons but I will have to control this function in future projects.

roberts: thank you for your reply with insight into this matter. I used unsquashfs to extract Xlibs.tcz. Then I deleted the two files you listed. Next I used mksquashfs to repackage Xlibs.tcz. On the flash drive with my remastered TC I replaced Xlibs.tcz in tce/optional with the new Xlibs.tcz. That worked, the terminal icon was gone from the wbar.

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:08:26 PM by 2os »