WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC in a Stick  (Read 40587 times)

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: TC in a Stick
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »
Hi athouston
The dependency file for  deb2sce.tcz  lists  squashfs-tools.tcz  but the repository contains  squashfs-tools-4.x.tcz.
Try installing  squashfs-tools-4.x.tcz  and see if that changes anything.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 06:03:40 AM »
useBusybox is a function in /etc/init.d/tc-functions which is part of the base system and used many many scripts throughout the system. Your error would still indicate that your base system is not correct.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:20:05 AM by roberts »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 06:10:31 AM »
You may wish to wait as many changes are forthcoming to Allwinner A10 (armv7) Core including the deb2sce suite being included in the base system.

Offline athouston

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
Hi Mr Rich,

Thanks. Squash 4.x is already installed. This is a totally clean system, built from the "latest" tinycore iso (4.5.6) that I downloaded Sunday. I downloaded tc-install and used that. The only other things I downloaded were for on-demand;  Chromium and GParted.

I find it hard to see where I could have gone wrong with the build by doing that way. I know this is off topic and you want to move this part of the thread I'm fine with that. I obviously need to get my x86 version working properly.

Mr Roberts... I look forward to the new ARMv7 release. It can't arrive in time for the start of the project I want to  work on so that's going to have to stay Android for the time being. At least I can progress until it does.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 07:12:57 AM »
Regarding your use of x86 Tinycore to import with target armv7...
Version 4.5.6 is not the latest x86 version. In fact it is nearly a year old (released 11 July). Your "issue" regarding useBusybox would in fact not be solved until and unless you install x86 version 4.7. The latest as shown on our initial web page is fact version 4.7.7
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:33:05 AM by roberts »

Offline athouston

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Thanks. I downloaded the file called tinycore-current.iso last Sunday (Aus time) and that's what gave me 4.5.6.

I'll redo it now.

Cheers.

Offline athouston

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
I just checked my iMac files and I have only one Tinycore-current.iso file anywhere and it is dated 7/7/12. I downloaded it from http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/release/TinyCore-current.iso, according to the download history.

A 12 month old cache problem is pretty unlikely....????

aus9

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »
athouston

we have moved to dot net, pls consider changing bookmarks to forum to
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/

Since this post is in army, you may wish to look at
http://tinycorelinux.net/ports.html

but if your device is x86 then the current link is now
http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/release/TinyCore-current.iso

good luck

Offline athouston

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:35 AM »
Praise the cook and pass the gravy... I have a working A10Core thumb stick.

Crikey batman, what a marathon. The amount of work you guys have done on this is amazing. BIG, HUGE, THANK YOU.

I built a new x86 TCL from scratch and have bookmarked the forum as suggested.

At item 12 in the A10 wifi setup where it says to edit sceboot.lst and add wireless-tools, etc, I assume you mean to add "loadsce wireless-tools wpasupplicant" to the sceboot.1st file. Is this correct. Where should that file be - /mnt/sda3/tce/sce ??. I ask because I can't run iwconfig and I assume that's the reason.

Its often easier to work with computers than people because you only have to punch information into a computer once. I'll get there...

Cheers.

Offline athouston

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
Oh DOT NET.. Ha Ha.. I just got that.. If the pun was intended.. Nice one son.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:41 AM »
Just edit the file sceboot.lst and add, e.g.,
vi sceboot.lst
   wireless_tools
   wpasupplicant

Offline athouston

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
Thank you Robert. That is all working.

My next trick is to pull apart the X-install scripts to understand how to import from Debian. My focus is on getting a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client working so I can connect to clients and on getting Erlang running as that's the base for a potential PhD thesis involving BigData analysis.

I am looking at Google as my office (maybe) but I am old school and might still look at some version of Linux office. Obviously printing is going to be one of the first considerations. My printers all support LPD printing so I don't imagine that's going to be too hard.

As an aside, the WIFI performance of the MK802 under TCL is MILES better than under the Android system it comes with.

Thanks again and be well.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
Glad to hear of your progress. As I stated earlier, many changes are planned and hopefully will be available soon.
The planned changes should make for a very much easier experience. But then again most all arm devices are more of a kit than a turnkey and therefore require much patience.