WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ffmpeg error converting flv to mp4  (Read 3910 times)

Offline huffpuff

ffmpeg error converting flv to mp4
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:40:23 AM »
Hi All

I have been trying to set up the get_iplayer script on TC. I have installed most of the required deps - rtmpdump, ffmpeg, perl stuff, etc. The script works and downloads a flv file however when it runs the ffmpeg command to convert to mp4 it stops with a relocation error. The unconverted flv file is playable using vlc on other systems but on TC vlc exits with a segmentation fault. Running the ffmpeg command from the terminal to convert the flv file results in the following error:

Code: [Select]
tc@box:/mnt/sda1/Downloads$ ffmpeg -i The_Singing_Detective_-_1._Skin_b0074qxt_d
efault.partial.mp4.flv -ar 22050 the_singing_detective.mp4
ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavfilter.so.1: symbol avformat_open_input, version LIBAVFORMAT_52 not defined in file libavformat.so.52 with link time reference

Other reports of this error suggest a mismatch between the supporting libraries, i.e., the libavformat is newer or the libavfilter is older or whatever.

I would rather not go down the mplayer/mencoder (assuming this would make the flv playable) as an alternative but stick with vlc and ffmpeg.

I wonder if there is a simple fix for this that doesn't involve heavy-duty recompiling exercises? Should this be filed as a bug?

Offline huffpuff

Re: ffmpeg error converting flv to mp4
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »
For the benefit of other users I would like say that I could not get the ffmpeg-server extension to work in the end and that I believe it to be a broken extension. If the Gods get time they may like to consider either pulling/replacing the extension or place a note on  it warning people not to download it as it is broken and they would be much better off making their own.

Alternatively and if, like me, time is important to you you can download the portable linux ffmpeg make it executable and symlink it to your path. You will also need libusb and fuse as deps. Cheers.

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:29:43 AM »
It's really a pity with this ffmpeg... their versioning is at least questionable. And everytime it gets updated old extensions depending on this don't work anymore. jls_legalize is the maintainer of ffmpeg-ffserver, so he should probably review it. In this special case a name scheme with major versions in it might be useful. Or even putting all the ffmpeg stuff into one ffmpeg-0.7 or ffmpeg-0.9 extension (avoiding the libav* version mess, the only bigger lib is libavcodec, this could be extracted to libavcodec52.tcz or whatever). Besides of that I think ffmpeg-ffserver shouldn't depend on jack.tcz but on jack-lib.tcz. I made the split some time ago because jack.tcz itself has many dependencies, which are surely not needed by ffmpeg - or is anyone really running a jack server?! ;-)

[edit] moved to bugs [/edit]
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline hacheema

• flv to mp4
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:09 AM »
mencoder filename.flv -oac copy -ovc copy -o filename.mp4