WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Symlink and Apache not starting in bootlocal.sh  (Read 1279 times)

Offline mbertrand

Symlink and Apache not starting in bootlocal.sh
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »
I have to drives, Tiny Core on first and our application data files on second drive. I have Apache running no problem. I start it in bootlocal.sh. These are industrial computers and web server is only used on internal network for reporting.
DocumentRoot is "/users/httpd/htdocs". All is working. There are many other subfolder in "/users" that is used for our application and other things. I'm currently in development so things are always changing so I have to do backup to maintain persistent data.
This is taking a long time so for now as a quick remedy will I'm testing I moved to entire "/users" folder to the second drive and created a softlink to it. I create this link in the bootlocal.sh prior to starting Apache like this "ln -sf /mnt/sdb1/users /users" and then later I start Apache the same way I always did but now it dont start I get "DocumentRoot must be a directory" but if I try to start it after booting as completed there is no problem.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Symlink and Apache not starting in bootlocal.sh
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:06:04 AM »
Did you mount /mnt/sdb1 first?

Offline mbertrand

Re: Symlink and Apache not starting in bootlocal.sh
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:17:43 AM »
Of course not!!! I'm going to shoot my self. I got so use to having my second drive available that I forgot that it was me that was mounting it. I guess I thought that TC was doing it. I scrolled down the bootlocal.sh and there it was the line that I added months ago to mount second drive but after creating softlinks!!. Sorry for wasting your time , and thanks.