WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Gnome-Mplayer Fails to Save Changes  (Read 6116 times)

Offline AmatCoder

• AmatCoder Projects
Re: Gnome-Mplayer Fails to Save Changes
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »
It's difficult to follow a reasoning of "it's easier" for a method which has been shown to lead to undesirable result and requires manual file permission corrections after each restore.
Manual? I just added sudo chown -R tc:staff /home/tc to .profile and all is fine...

Here's a different approach to what you try to achieve:

Code: [Select]
/bin/ls -d1 /home/tc/.* >>/opt/.xfiletool2.lst && /bin/ls -d1 /home/tc/* >>/opt/.xfiletool2.lst && sed -i 's/\(.\{1\}\)//;/[./][.]*$/d' /opt/.xfiletool.lst
That should append all files and dirs in /home/tc to .xfiletool.lst and then you can just delete entries from .xfiletool.lst instead of deleting /home/tc and adding single file/dir entries.

Oh, is this easy? I must run that command every time that I want a backup (because new unwanted files could be under /home/ every session) and then I must delete all unwanted entries... :o

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Gnome-Mplayer Fails to Save Changes
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »
Manual? I just added sudo chown -R tc:staff /home/tc to .profile and all is fine...

That may be fine for you, as long as you backup only files which are really supposed to have tc:staff ownership.
In other case it may impact functionality of certain apps or create potential security risks.
Also, if you add the command to .profile, it will only have an impact on files restored before login.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:24:30 PM by tinypoodle »
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)