Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Tips & Tricks

How to save Fluxbox menu settings?

<< < (3/3)

cURIOUSgEORGE:
Unfortunately, no, still nothing. I did exactly as instructed, which is still a good thing (Not sure how or why there was two references too "tce=" but either way, fluxbox custom menu settings still are not being saved after rebooting, even with backup checked. Anyhow, off too bed now, I appreciate the help boss, I'll check back in the am too see if you or anybody else left a response. I'd really like to save these settings.

And as always, thanks a bunch, George. signing out...... . . .

Rich:
Hi cURIOUSgEORGE
Are there other files in your home directory that get lost, or just this one? If other files exhibit the same behavior,
it's a persistence problem, otherwise, it may be a fluxbox problem. If it's fluxbox related, try checking the file
usr/local/tce.installed/fluxbox  and see if it adds a menu file to your home directory.

cURIOUSgEORGE:
Every file gets saved except /home/tc/.fluxbox/menu the menu file seems to get overwritten no matter what.

cURIOUSgEORGE:
I figured it out. I just had to rename the location that fluxbox looks for inside the file /home/tc/.fluxbox/init, under "session.menuFile:   ~/.fluxbox/menu"

So I created a file called blahblahblah inside /home/tc/.fluxbox/ and pointing "session.menuFile:" to "session.menuFile:   ~/.fluxbox/blahblahblah"
and used /home/tc/.fluxbox/blahblahblah as my menu file, which can now be configured and saves and then loads correctly on every boot, so, that did the trick. Thanks for the help though.

George.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version