WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Anyone using alsaconf please? (To configure sound)  (Read 1866 times)

aus9

[SOLVED] Anyone using alsaconf please? (To configure sound)
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
Hi

In 2010, alsaconf could detect my card and now I notice alsaconf copyright is 2002.

a search shows Jason W Nov 5, 2011
Alsaconf is deprecated for most distros, but is here for those with older hardware.  In some cases alsaconf will work when alsasound does not or vice versa that is why they are both available.

I am updating the alsa wiki, can anyone  who still needs alsaconf please reply. If you reply can you mention if your sound uses an ISA motherboard slot, PCI slot or onboard. If you don't want to publish you have needed to use alsaconf, fine, send me a pm.....I just want the feedback not the details.

Can you also mention, do you have multiple sound devices.

cheers
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:42:01 PM by aus9 »

Offline coreplayer2

Re: Anyone using alsaconf please? (To configure sound)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
notebook with Onboard ISA (iirc),  single card

aus9

Re: [SOLVED] Anyone using alsaconf please? (To configure sound)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
coreplayer2

wow what a quick reply, and it means I have to keep alsaconf prominent in the wiki.

Since I know that you are a valued contributor here, when you get a chance feel free to comment publically or by pm on the alsaconf section of the wiki and the persistence area. I know that the wiki is not yet up to my usual high standard, ;)
but as I can't use alsaconf anymore, feedback will be appreciated if you can spare the time

cheers