WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: OSS low volume fixed at last!  (Read 1837 times)

Offline coreplayer2

OSS low volume fixed at last!
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
My volume was always too low, ossxmix never really addressed the issue even with all the volume sliders on high the system and various app's volume was always so low as to be almost inaudible.

Found this link while searching for answers http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,10604.msg56633.html#msg56633  yet still volume was too low.

Whilst observing the results of ossmix I realized that each system's audio has different volume options.  So while the above fix worked for some machines, they provided no help for others (namely any of mine).  however, substituting the options from the above link with those available on my pc's did in fact work as expected.

While these commands entered in bootlocal.sh worked in Robert's pc (thanks for the heads up on this)
ossmix misc.pcm1 99:99
ossmix misc.pcm2 99:99

These work with with compatible AC97 audio
ossmix pcm 100:100
ossmix vol 100:100

And High Deffinition Audio ALC662
ossmix jack.int.purple.front 100:100
ossmix misc.front 100:100

What ever control has the desired effect, substituting the control (ie vol, pcm, or misc.front) for the specific system as found by running ossmix at the terminal and all is loud.  Some controls limit the volume but 100:100  (L/R)  appears to set the maximum allowed.

The Audio in DVD's is finally loud enough that I might have to turn down the volume :)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:07:36 PM by coreplayer2 »