WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tcz missing in 4.5.6 iso  (Read 2966 times)

Offline SS-396

tcz missing in 4.5.6 iso
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:54:59 AM »
When booting the 4.5.6 iso (from cd), it reports a firmware-r8168.tcz missing.

I looked around and searched for it, but it doesn't seem to exist.  So has this file been removed from the repository and no longer needed, and robert just forgot to remove the line from onboot.lst, or is this file AWOL.

Jason.

Offline coreplayer2

Re: tcz missing in 4.5.6 iso
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »
yes it is now  eth-rtl8168-3.0.21-tinycore

the old driver was incorrectly named, which has been fixed.  Realtek has also released a new driver which addresses many issues.  I'll make sure the latest driver is submitted in the next few days.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
If extensions that are included on CorePlus are removed or renamed then I would need to be informed so that CorePlus extensions can be updated. With the sometimes very dynamic nature of extension updates it is not possible for CorePlus, a snapshot of extensions when created, to always have the latest. If I am informed then I will push out an updated CorePlus.iso.

We were using firmware prefix to indicate that the extension was such. Is this not possible with the new rtl8168?
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »
Sorry my bad.  As explained in the submitting email I accidentally prefixed the original extension "Firmware".      Unfortunately this is the required driver whilst the firmware is already included in firmware.tcz     During submission of this driver we went through  a couple of name changes so as not to conflict with other extensions whilst complying with standard naming convention before the extension was accepted.   This resulted in the old firmware-r8168.tcz extension being removed and it's replacement eth-rtl8168-3.0.21-tinycore added.

Sorry for the confusion

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
Does eth-rtl8168-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz need to be included in CorePlus?
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.