WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Install firefoxandfalsh.tcz on Live CD  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Install firefoxandfalsh.tcz on Live CD
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
Hi hormel
A couple of things. I would stick with AppBrowsers default of  OnBoot. In the command line:
Code: [Select]
/boot/vmlinuz initrd=/boot/core/gz quiet cd showapps lst=xfbase.lst base desk top=flwn_topside you need to remove the word  base  , that's why your extension is not loading.

Offline hormel

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »
Ok, I tried a few different things.

First I tried to  run TC with only removing the word "base".  I only removed the word base that stood on its own. I did not remove base from lst=xfbase.lst.  From here I left the install directory, TCE:, as the default, /tmp/tce/optional, the app will download, but did not open.  It will say firefoxandflash.tcz OK  Same white icon with black X.  If I change it to /mnt/sdc1 by the 'set' option, the TCE directory reads
/mnt/sdc1/tce/optional
it will download, but it will say firefoxandflash.tcz Failed. 

The second thing I tried was removing base and adding tc waitusb=5 tce=sda1.  When I did this an interesting splash screen came up.  In it is said, "mdir: can't create directory "/tce/optional': No such file or directory Chown: /tce: No such file or directory"

That kind of makes me think it is not making the permanent app file on the USB.  I've included a shot of the splash screen.  Also, the GUI did not come up in this case.  Only a command line.

Online thane

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »
AFAIK the TinyCore ISO does require a wired internet connection (it doesn't include the extensions for wifi). You can download those extensions later if you can start up with wired internet, but if you need wifi immediately then yes, you need CorePlus. Sorry I don't have any experience working with wifi.

Just to see if you can get persistence working maybe you should try downloading a simpler extension like a game (e.g. ace_of_penguins or Spider_solitaire). And I'd even suggest trying to find a PC with wired internet to start with if you can. You're battling multiple issues here (wifi, persistence, and a pretty complicated set of extensions) and it might help to simplify things a little.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
Hi hormel
You're battling multiple issues here (wifi, persistence, and a pretty complicated set of extensions) and it might help to simplify things a little.
Agreed, time to simplify things.
1. Boot the CD.
2. Plug in the thumb drive.
3. Use the install utility to do an install to the thumb drive that includes the wireless extensions.
4. Burn a Tinycore CD.
5. With the thumb drive plugged in, boot the Tinycore CD.
6. When you get to the boot prompt (screen that says F2, F3, F4) enter   tc waitusb=5
7. Start AppBrowser and install  firefoxandfalsh.tcz