Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Extracting X extensions into base

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinypoodle:
The proper way - without circumventing the load mechanism and resorting to hackery - is to include extensions in a cpio archive (this is documented in wiki).
You can use the "copy2fs.flg" to extract the content of extensions upon loading.

curaga:
The order is usually not important. As mentioned, you can run all installed scripts from bootlocal.sh from example.

nim108:

--- Quote from: tinypoodle on July 11, 2012, 10:38:59 AM ---The proper way - without circumventing the load mechanism and resorting to hackery - is to include extensions in a cpio archive (this is documented in wiki).
You can use the "copy2fs.flg" to extract the content of extensions upon loading.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that's how I had it before ... basically all my extensions were in /tmp/builtin along with my other customized files in customize.gz (a cpio archive) and I loaded it this way vs. extracting the extensions into it. I guess this is the only way to do it. Here is my concern though: so I load core.gz and load customize.gz ... these will extract, then the extensions will load and extract the content of the extensions. Will the content of the extensions overwrite my customized files in customize.gz? (let's say I wanted my own autostart routine for openbox and had autostart.sh in my customize.gz, will openbox.tcz overwrite this on extraction?). If not, I guess I can deal with the slightly slower bootup time of the extensions vs. just extracting them in the initrd.

tinypoodle:
One approach to have full control over order would be to separate your extensions and your customized config files into 2 cpio archives and load them in the appropriate order.
An alternative approach could be to store customized files in a backup, as backup gets loaded in a later stage.

curaga:
No, extensions won't overwrite files. (unless especially made to do so)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version