Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Startup script

(1/2) > >>

kentaxel:
Hello!

Im new to LTC and fairly new to linux in general, I'm trying to set up a thin client with TCL booting from a usb. I've managed to install the OS on the usb and am able to boot it and i can start rdesktop just fine, i've figured out how to save settings and such but for resons that elude me i cannot for the life of me get my startup script to work.

All i want to do is to start rdesktop as soon as the OS has started but it just wont happen. I've tried multiple ways of doing this but to no avail.

I've tried:

adding /usr/local/bin/rdesktop <IP> to /usr/local/tce.installed/rdesktop but nothing happens
adding a script named start.sh to /home/tc/.X.d/ with the folowing code
/usr/local/bin/rdesktop <IP>

and then chmod +x /home/tc/.X.d/start.sh

But nothing on startup.

adding /usr/local/bin/rdesktop <IP> to opt/bootlocal.sh

but still nothing happens.

I't seems like such a trivial thing to accomplish but obviously i'm missing some vital competence.

any help appreciated.

curaga:
tce.installed and bootlocal are wrong places for an X app. .X.d is the right place.

Make sure it gets executed (echo "me here" > /tmp/rdesk-text), and that rdesktop does not return any error (maybe your network is not yet up?).

kentaxel:

--- Quote from: curaga on June 20, 2012, 02:57:03 AM ---tce.installed and bootlocal are wrong places for an X app. .X.d is the right place.

Make sure it gets executed (echo "me here" > /tmp/rdesk-text), and that rdesktop does not return any error (maybe your network is not yet up?).

--- End quote ---

Do i put: "echo "me here" > /tmp/rdesk-text" as is in the start.sh in .X.d?

Also, what to do if the problem is as you say, that the network is not yet up?

curaga:

--- Quote ---Do i put: "echo "me here" > /tmp/rdesk-text" as is in the start.sh in .X.d?
--- End quote ---

Yes.

--- Quote ---Also, what to do if the problem is as you say, that the network is not yet up?
--- End quote ---

Wait until it is up before launching rdesktop; there are several code examples of that in this forum, both sleeping and pinging some server.

kentaxel:

--- Quote from: curaga on June 20, 2012, 04:50:27 AM ---

Wait until it is up before launching rdesktop; there are several code examples of that in this forum, both sleeping and pinging some server.

--- End quote ---

I think you are right, the echo line "me here" is written to the file. I'm not sure on what im looking for in the forum with regards to making the script wait for the network, would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version