Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Where is the /home/TC/.xsession file?

(1/1)

suxi:
Hello everyone!

I would like TC to run a slide show automatically after boot and have currently chosen feh for this task.

The wiki points out this startup script order:

[BootLoader → bzImage → tinycore.gz] → init → inittab → init.d/rcS → tc-config → ( dhcp.sh & tce-setup & restore.sh & bootsync.sh → bootlocal.sh) → init → /root/.profile → /home/tc/.profile →→→ /usr/bin/startx → ( xsetup.sh) → /home/tc/.xsession → ( Xvesa, jwm & wbar & /home/tc/.X.d/*.* )

So I think I need to add feh -F- D 3 /mnt/sda1/pics to the .xsession file in /home/tc in order to start X Windows first. Unfortunately this file doesn't exist. I have tried to add the command line to bootlocal.sh but although I run a backup after editing the file it reverts back to its original state after rebbot.

I would be greatfull for any help. Maybe you could also suggest another lightweight image viewer which can run a slideshow without the need for X Window such as Mplayer for videos.

Thanks a lot

suxi, still excited about his discovery of Tiny Core :)

gerald_clark:
Add a scritpt  /home/tc/.X.d/feh.sh

#-----------------------------------
feh -F- D 3 /mnt/sda1/pics &

suxi:
Thank you Gerald, that did the trick!

Can you recommend a viewer which doesn't require the Xserver to be started?

Best ...

suxi

curaga:
fbv works in the framebuffer.

suxi:
Thanks a lot. Searching for fbv I also found fim. I'll look into both of them.

fbv — framebuffer image viewer
http://s-tech.elsat.net.pl/fbv/

fim — highly customizable and scriptable framebuffer image viewer based on fbi
http://www.autistici.org/dezperado/fim/

EDIT: fbv works but unfortunately clears the screen before loading the next image which results in a black screen for a second or so. If I don't clear the screen I can only use full screen pictures, because new pictures with different aspect ratios won't cover the previous picture. Such a pity ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version